Job Title: Marketing Communications Manager
Chesapeake Arts Center is seeking a Part-time Marketing Communications Manager to share our mission, programs, and impact with the community. To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to [email protected]. No phone calls please.
The Marketing Communications Manager develops and implements all communications mechanisms related to CAC’s brand to tell our story, build audience, and increase visibility, collaboration, and brand awareness of our programs and mission. He/She will create and implement an overall communications plan for the organization for institutional marketing activities and those related to the programs and activities carried out in support of CAC’s mission. The Marketing Communications Manager will uphold high standards of excellence in customer service and support CAC’s programs. This is a part-time position (20-25 hours/week) with a combination of in-person and remote work possible.
- This position does not currently supervise other employees.
- Seek out and tell CAC stories to share via press releases, web site, publications, video, social media, and other communication methods;
- Create and manage content for the CAC blog, the “This is Art” video series, and other promotional vehicles;
- Monitor competitor marketing and sales materials both on and offline;
- Work collaboratively with the Digital Marketing Manager and other CAC staff on communications strategies and messaging for CAC activities.
- Create and distribute press releases, PSAs, media pitches for upcoming events and classes;
- Update the CAC web site with content as needed;
- Ensure distribution or delivery of CAC marketing materials to key targets including community organizations, individuals, and other key stakeholders;
- Seek out and coordinate staffing for booth presence at community events;
- Build and maintain relationships with local media and community influencers;
- Create/coordinate PR opportunities;
- Populate area community calendars with CAC’s programming content;
- Create flyers, posters, and other marketing materials to promote CAC activities;
- Manage the catalog production and other publications in consultation with key staff and Graphic Designer;
- Lead the promotional activities surrounding CAC’s 20th anniversary events;
- Produce promotional materials and ads as needed for CAC activities;
- Assist with special events, performances, or other CAC activities as needed;
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Executive Director
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work expected for this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
- Demonstrated success in developing and executing marketing campaigns and activities
- Experience in web site management; SEO experience preferred
- Knowledge of Photoshop, Canva or other design programs to support creation of promotional materials
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer skills: knowledge of Google Drive and other standard business technology is required; knowledge of and experience in using standard Microsoft Office programs
- Ability to multitask, work quickly and efficiently
- Excellent editing and proofreading skills
- Ability to work remotely or in person
- Ability to leverage data and analytics to prioritize and assess impact
- Strong strategic, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Experience working in an organization within the arts or cultural sector is preferred
- Ability to approach challenges in a supportive and creative manner; and to work collaboratively with colleagues and community members
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, arts and education-focused office environment
- Ability to be self-directed and take initiative
- Exhibit professional and approachable demeanor; positively represent CAC in all job responsibilities
- Ability to manage multiple programs simultaneously and meet deadlines on a consistent schedule
- Position requires occasional travel in and around sites within Anne Arundel County and Baltimore with reliable transportation
- May require occasional standing, cleaning, organizing, walking, lifting, and bending
- Flexible schedule and as well as some weekends/evenings
Education and Experience:
- A. degree in marketing, public relations, journalism, or related field
- 2-4 years’ experience in marketing, publicity, journalism, or related field
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
CAC does not discriminate in offering equal access with respect to employment terms and conditions on the basis of age, ancestry, color, creed, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or protected veteran's status and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. EOE. No phone calls.