On March 15th Sky is the Limit was unveiled at BWI Airport.
On Wednesday, April 23, 2014 at 4:30 an Artists’ Reception will be held at BWI Airport to celebrate the selected Artists. Please join us and support this beautiful exhibit.
The reception is open to the public and reception parking will be validated. Please feel free to share the information. Since refreshments will be served we request you RSVP by Monday, April 21, 2014 to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 410-222-7949.
Works will be on display at Baltimore-Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport between concourses C & D in departures from March 15, 2014 through June 20, 2014.
The Arts Council Exhibition Committee is pleased to judge the 11th BWI Exhibition. Members include: Committee Chair Roberta Pardo, who studied industrial design in Sao Paulo, Brazil, and fine arts at the Art Center College of Design in Pasadena, CA,; Wil Scott, a photographer and Director of Adult Programs at the National Gallery of Art; Teddi Schulman, a lifelong arts enthusiast and former arts consultant; and April Nyman, Arts Council Executive Director.
Selection: Selections for the exhibition are made from JPEG images or photographs.
Size Limitations: Without exception, outside dimensions may not exceed 40” high by 72” wide.
Entries: A maximum of 3 original works may be entered. CDs and photographs will not be returned.
Entry Fees: $10 for each entry. Entry fees are non-refundable. Checks should be made payable to the Arts Council of Anne Arundel County.
- Submit one image for each piece entered.
- JPEG file names and photographs must start with the artist’s last name, then first name, then entry number in that order. (e.g. Doe.John.01.jpg)
- Test your CD to be certain it is readable.
Artist’s notification is sent by email with delivery instructions included for exhibiting artists.
EXHIBITION & DELIVERY
- Images of accepted works may be used at the sole discretion of the Arts Council for promotional purposes including but not limited to the invitation, web site or on a subsequent year’s prospectus. Image will include attribution wherever possible.
- No clip frames or taped edges accepted. Work must be presented in a manner appropriate to the artwork and shall NOT BE WIRED for hanging. Small holes will be drilled in wooden frames and stretched canvases in order to accommodate the locking device. Metal frames need no drilling. Our installer, John Kramer of Kramer Installation, was recently chosen as the best fine art installer by Baltimore Magazine. Weight cannot exceed 60 pounds.
- Work cannot be withdrawn before the end of exhibit.
- Selected artwork must be delivered to the Arts Council Office on Monday, March 10, 2014 between 9AM-3 PM. Artwork must be picked up at BWI between Concourses C & D on June 20, 2014, between 11:30 AM – 1:00 PM.
- A $15.00 fine is imposed, per day, for late pick-up.
_____ CD & or photograph correctly identified and tested for readability
_____ Fully completed entry form
_____ Entry Fee ($10 per image) with check payable to the Arts Council
Artwork will be handled with all possible care. The Arts Council will not be responsible or liable for loss or damage in any case whatsoever. Entering this exhibition shall constitute understanding and agreement on the part of the artist. Insurance, if desired, must be carried by the artist.
SCHEDULE FOR “The Sky is the Limit”:
|Feb 24th||Deadline for Entries|
|Mar 4th||Notifications Emailed|
|Mar 10th||Works Delivered to Arts Council|
|Mar 15th||First day of Exhibition|
|June 20th||Last Day of Exhibition|
|June 20th||Pickup of work at BWI|